Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor Responsibilities
- Taking the lead on a range of construction projects and supervising the work of the quantity surveyors, assistants and apprentices in your team and helping them to fulfil their potential.
- Acting as the principal point of contact with the project client and the other consultants on the design team.
- Working independently and taking responsibility for the successful delivery of RJA’s QS / PM services on all projects you and your team are working on.
- Taking responsibility for allocated Key Client Accounts, building a relationship with the Key Client(s), ensuring complete satisfaction with RJA services, and nurturing new work opportunities.
- Training and assisting others, including the preparation and presentation of in-house CPD events.
- Actively seeking new project opportunities for RJA Consultants and promoting the services of the practice at every opportunity including attendance and involvement at appropriate networking and marketing events.
- Acting as Employer’s Agent on Design and Build projects.
- Following the company Quality Management System in the delivery of all services.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously and developing excellent time management strategies.
- Treating all clients to exceptional level of service.
Senior Quantity Surveyor Requirements
- Degree in Project Management, Quantity Surveying or a construction related field.
- Ideally, a Chartered member of the RICS, or a commitment to achieve Chartered status within 2 years.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in running own projects quantity surveying and / or project management for either a Private Practice, Construction Company or related organisation.
- Proficiency in measurement, ideally using CostX Measurement Software.
- Experience in running large, complex projects independently.
- Strategically minded with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
25 days plus bank holidays
Competitive, with comprehensive benefits